Monday, November 8, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....in my house!

Since Clayton and I have been married, I have always decorated for Christmas a little early! .....okay, a LOT early! .....like 2-3 weeks before Thanksgiving, EARLY!!! I know, I know...pretty crazy, but I have my reasons!! Clayton is a football coach right? And, fortunately enough, the 5 years he has coached football, there has not been a season where he has not seen or been a part of the playoffs!  In Abilene, we had to have Thanksgiving twice with the ACU football team due to our success and now we are experiencing the playoffs at a high school level.  Needless to say, football has always ushered us into the holidays and so we feel as if our holidays are cut a little short! 

We have a full week off for Thanksgiving in which we will be spending time with both Clayton and my families.  Then we will come back for just 2 1/2 weeks before we are off again for our Christmas break!  During Christmas break, we will spend our two weeks on the road again!  We don't mind our travels, in fact, we LOVE them.  But all of this is the reason why I tend to decorate a little early.  My favorite time of the year is Christmas.  I love the scent of Christmas candles, I love the glow of the Christmas tree in a low lit living room.  And when its cold enough, I love the glow and smell of a fire in my fire place.  I love seeing my gifts being opened by loved ones and seeing the surprise on their faces.  I love driving around neighborhoods looking at all of the Christmas lights and decorations.  So, with all of that said,  I don't feel like I ever have enough time to enjoy all of these things.  In order for me to enjoy more than 2 or so weeks with my own decorations, I feel the need to decorate early. 

Here is a little of the decorating I have done so far...
 Our pretty little Christmas Tree
 Christmas colors: Silver, Red, White, and Lime Green...
 Our kitchen table
Tree, monogrammed stockings, and snowmen

No comments:

Post a Comment